Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin. Hey everyone, wish you are having an incredible day today. This time, I will certainly show you a step to serve an unique dish, Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin. It is certainly considered one among my favorites. For your, I will make it a more tasty. This might be really delicious.
To get started with this precise recipe, you must put togather a few components. You can serve Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can attain it.
The recipe needed to serve Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin:
- Take 1 of medium zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow squash.
- Make ready 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1/2 cup of heavy cream or whole milk.
- Get 1 tsp. of cornstarch.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. of salt, divided.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of pepper, divided.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried chives.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of onion powder.
- Take 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly shredded gouda cheese.
Steps to cooking perfect Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×8" baking pan and set it aside..
- Wash the zucchini and yellow squash, then slice them into coins about 1/4" thick. Place them into a bowl and season them with 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper and oregano. Set aside..
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over med-high heat. Once it's melted, add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Then pour in the cream (or milk) and whisk in the cornstarch, the onion powder and 1/4 tsp each of salt, pepper and chives. Allow this to come to a simmer and simmer until thickened…just about 2-3 minutes. Once thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese..
- Lay out the squash in the prepared baking pan. Pour the cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle the gouda evenly over the top..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the squash is fork tender. Switch your oven to broil and let the cheese brown for 2-3 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 5 or so minutes, then serve..
Everything you ever wanted to know about making exceptional Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you may make this at home. There is gonna be popular food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Persist get cooking!