Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd. Hello everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a step to serve a special food, Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd. It is one of my favorites. For your, I will make it a more tasty. This can be really tasty.
To get started with this precise recipe, we need put togather some components. You can serve Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can cook it.
The recipe needed to make Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd:
- You need 4 lbs of fresh broccoli – cut to bite size florets.
- You need 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 6 tbs of unsalted butter – softened, divided.
- Take 2 tbs of flour.
- Make ready 2 cups of milk (anything but skim).
- Make ready 4 oz of full fat cream cheese – softened, cubed.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of triple cheddar blend shredded cheese.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of cayenne.
Steps to cooking homemade Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking dish with 1 tbs of the butter. Set aside..
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot filled with just enough water to almost touch the bottom of the basket. Add broccoli and steam until crisp tender. About 8 minutes. (Note on the broccoli, I do not use the big, stalks parts of the stems).
- When broccoli is finished. Remove lid and carefully transfer broccoli to casserole dish, spread out evenly. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper..
- While broccoli steams, you can begin the sauce. Melt 4 tbs butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook for 1 minute, wisking constantly..
- Wisk in milk. Cook until sauce begins to bubble and thicken. About 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add a small pinch of cayenne and remaining pepper. Stir in cream cheese until melted..
- Stir in shredded cheese until sauce is smooth. Taste for seasoning adding up to remaining 1/2 tsp salt if desired. Pour in an even layer over broccoli in dish..
- Melt remaining 1 tbs butter in microwave for 20-30 seconds. Stir into bread crumbs. Sprinkle mixture evenly over cheese. Bake uncovered until topping is golden brown. About 10-15 minutes. Dish up hot. Enjoy!.
Welcome fall with this easy homemade Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd recipe. Many thanks considerably for reading. I am confident you may make this at home. There is gonna be popular food in home recipes arising. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!