Spam and Egg Sushi Roll. Hi everybody, hope you are having an amazing relax today. This time, I will certainly show you a step to prepare distinctive food, Spam and Egg Sushi Roll. It is certainly considered one among my favorites. For your, I will make it a more tasty. This might be really delicious.
To get started with this precise recipe, you need prepare a few ingredients. You can have Spam and Egg Sushi Roll using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you could achieve it.
The ingredients needed to serve Spam and Egg Sushi Roll:
- Take 1 can of Spam or Spam Lite cut into 1" strips.
- You need 1/2 of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oyster sauce.
- Get 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Get 6 of eggs.
- Make ready 4 cups of cooked sushi/sticky rice.
- Take 6 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of cucumbers and/or carrots cut into 1/2"strips.
- Get 1 cup of mayonnaise (use Japanese mayo like Kewpie if you can).
- Get sheets of Nori/seaweed.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Dipping sauce: soy sauce and wasabi.
- Get 1/2 cup of water to seal Nori roll.
- Prepare of Bamboo mat and cling wrap to cover it.
- Make ready of Optional: 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds.
Steps to cooking homemade Spam and Egg Sushi Roll:
- In a bowl, while cooked rice is still hot, mix with rice vinegar, toasted sesame seeds (optional) and about 2-3 tablespoons of sugar. Save the rest of the sugar for spam marinade. Set aside..
- In a separate bowl, stir together soy sauce, oyster sauce, and remaining sugar until sugar is completely dissolved. Marinate cut spam in sauce for at least 5 minutes. Fry/cook spam for 2-3 minutes on each side..
- Beat eggs and cook just like how you would cook scrambled eggs (add salt and pepper to taste). Cut cooked scrambled eggs in 1" strips..
- Place Nori/seaweed sheet smooth/shiny side down. Place and spread a small amount of rice to a quarter of an inch thickness (about 3-4 tablespoons, we don't want to add too much as it might get too thick and difficult to roll). Make sure to leave about 2 inches of nori/seaweed sheet on the far end without rice to be able to seal it shut (by wetting it a little) after rolling..
- Assemble other ingredients like cut spam, egg, cucumbers and/or carrots on top of the rice. Add a little bit of mayonnaise. Roll Nori making sure to apply pressure to tighten the roll. Use a bamboo mat with cling wrap on top to help with the rolling process..
- To serve, cut each roll into eight pieces. Arrange sushi slices on platter. Decorate by squeezing mayonnaise on top. Chill and serve with dipping sauce..
Welcome fall with this easy exceptional Spam and Egg Sushi Roll recipe. Many thanks considerably for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Persist get cooking!