Cottage Pie. Hello everybody, wish you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will certainly show you a method to serve an unique dish, Cottage Pie. It is certainly considered one among my favorites. For mine, I will make it a more tasty. This might be really tasty.
To get started with this precise recipe, we need put togather a few components. You can cook Cottage Pie using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you may attain it.
The ingredients needed to serve Cottage Pie:
- Make ready 3 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- Make ready 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Make ready 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Make ready 1 tbsp. of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, dried rosemary.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups of unsalted beef broth.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas and carrot mixture.
- You need 3 cups of already prepared mashed poatoes.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
How to make delicious Cottage Pie:
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Once its hot, add the beef and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain out any fat, if needed, then set it aside on a plate and cover with foil..
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the skillet. Once the butter melts, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Then stir in the garlic and tomato paste. Cook and stir another minute or so, then add the beef back to the skillet with the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Sprinkle the flour over the beef and stir to integrate. Cook and stir often for a couple of minutes, then stir in the broth and Worcestershire sauce. Let the mixture come up to a simmer and let it simmer until it has thickened (5-10 minutes. The gravy should coat the back of a spoon). Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the frozen veggies..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 8×8" baking pan, then pour the beef mixture into it and spread it out evenly. Stir the cheese into the mashed potatoes (if using leftovers like I do, warm the potatoes up slightly first). Then scoop the mashed potatoes evenly over the top and use a fork to spread them out, being careful not to mix it into the beef mixture. Bake for 25 or so minutes, until golden on top and heated throughout. Then let it sit for 10 or so minutes before serving..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this homemade Cottage Pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be popular food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!