Carrot and Potato Gratin. Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a step to serve a special dish, Carrot and Potato Gratin. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a more tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this precise recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have Carrot and Potato Gratin using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you may cook it.
The ingredients needed to serve Carrot and Potato Gratin:
- Take 2 of onions, sliced (not diced).
- Take 5 of potatoes, sliced thin.
- Make ready 4 of carrots, sliced thin.
- Take 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 1.5 tbsp of butter.
- Make ready to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- You need 1.5 cups of heavy cream.
- You need to taste of Dried thyme,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- Get 3/4 cup of shredded parm cheese.
- Get 1 cup of mixed shredded cheese (I used cheddar/mozz mix).
- Get 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
How to make delicious Carrot and Potato Gratin:
- Melt butter in pan and caramelize onions, add garlic in the last 5 min of cooking.. salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the cream, parm cheese, corn starch,salt, pepper and thyme to taste.
- Layer potatoes and carrots, top with half the carmelized onions, pour half the liquid mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Continue this until all ingredients are used..
- Top with last bit of shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Place foil on top and bake in 400°F oven for about 45-min to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil in the last 10 min of cooking to brown the top..
Welcome fall with this easy homemade Carrot and Potato Gratin recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you may make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes arising. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!