Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie. This easy recipe combines sausage, mashed potatoes, veggies and gravy to make a delicious dinner. Hey everybody, wish you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will certainly show you a way to serve a special food, Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie. It is one of my favorites. For your, I will make it a little bit tasty. This might be really delicious.
Premium ground beef, fresh local greens and hand-whipped mashed potatoes. Sausage Shepherds Pie by Tasty Demais. The Sausage Shepherd's Pie recipe out of our category Root Vegetable! This flavorful variation on traditional shepherd's pie uses mashed butternut squash in place of potatoes. In a large skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon until no longer pink.
To get began out with this precise recipe, we must put togather some ingredients. You can have Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can cook it.
The recipe needed to make Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie:
- Take 4 of mild sausage links, casing removed.
- Make ready 2 of celery, diced.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, diced.
- You need 1/2 of granny Smith apple, skinned and diced.
- Make ready 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 1.5 cups of diced butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Get to taste of Dried basil,.
- Make ready to taste of Dried thyme,.
- You need 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged).
- Take 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
The ultimate comfort food: Shepherd's Pie! Click the Bookmark Icon to Add to Your Favories. A true shepherd's pie originates from England and is traditionally made with ground lamb. All Reviews for Squash and Sausage Shepherd's Pie..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw.
How to make homemade Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie:
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic..
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min..
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges..
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite..
Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Then, it's topped with fluffy and creamy mashed potatoes that form a golden crust. Merguez are spicy sausages from North Africa. They give this cheesy, comforting pie extra texture and a great depth of flavour.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this homemade Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie recipe. Many thanks considerably for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be viral food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Persist get cooking!