"Holiday" French Toast. Hi everyone, wish you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will certainly show you a method to prepare a special dish, "Holiday" French Toast. It is one of my favorites. For your, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really tasty.
To get began out with this precise recipe, we must put togather a few components. You can have "Holiday" French Toast using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you may attain it.
The recipe needed to serve "Holiday" French Toast:
- Get 3 tbsp. of oil.
- Make ready 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Take 1/3 cup of eggnog.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. of grated nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- Get 1 of thick slice bread (Panettone).
- Prepare 3 tbs. of crushed walnuts.
- You need 2 oz. of breakfast syrup.
- Prepare 2 slices of fresh orange for garnish.
Steps to make tasty "Holiday" French Toast:
- Heat a very large pan over medium heat. Add in the oil (or use leftover bacon grease)..
- Beat the egg in a large wide bowl. [If making more than one serving, add another egg].
- Mix in the eggnog and the spices and whisk this a few times..
- Slice a 1” thick piece of Panettone bread. If desired, you can slice this in half (from top to bottom) to make two slices of bread..
- Dip the bread into the egg batter, let it soak for 2-3 seconds, and then flip the bread over to coat the other side..
- Quickly add the coated slice of bread to the heated pan and fry for 2-3 minutes per side. Check for a nice even brown color before flipping it over. [Add oil if needed when doing side two].
- Plate the toast and top with crushed walnuts and syrup. Garnish with orange slices and enjoy..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional "Holiday" French Toast recipe. Many thanks considerably for reading. I am confident you may make this at home. There is gonna be popular food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Persist get cooking!