Southern Style Fried Chicken. Hello everybody, wish you are having an amazing fresh today. This time, I will certainly show you a way to prepare a special dish, Southern Style Fried Chicken. It is certainly considered one among my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This might be really tasty.
To get started with this precise recipe, we need prepare some components. You can cook Southern Style Fried Chicken using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you could cook it.
The ingredients needed to serve Southern Style Fried Chicken:
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of cornstarch.
- Make ready 5 tsp of black pepper.
- Make ready 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 1 3/4 cup of cold water.
Steps to cooking yummy Southern Style Fried Chicken:
- Brine chicken for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- In large bowl mix dry ingredients. Whisk together..
- Add water and whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour..
- Remove chicken from brine and discard water. Pat chicken dry..
- Whisk batter to ensure it's evenly distributed..
- In a dutch oven place 3 quarts of oil and heat to 350°F..
- Place chicken in batter mixture. Remove and allow excess to drip off. Place in hot oil carefully and cook for 13-15 minutes. Cook batches of white and dark meat together..
- After 4 min move chicken to be sure it's not sticking together or to bottom the of pan..
- Once chicken is golden brown or time is reached remove and check and see if chicken is done. Use an onstage read meat thermometer to check internal temperature of chicken (at least 160 for white meat and 175 for dark) being sure not to hit the bone..
- If internal temperature is good place chicken in a 200°F oven to keep warm until all batches are done..
- Reheat oil for next batch.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this homemade Southern Style Fried Chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you may make this at home. There is gonna be viral food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Persist get cooking!