Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?. Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will certainly show you a way to serve a special dish, Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?. It is one of my favorites. For your, I will make it a little bit tasty. This can be really delicious.
My take on a traditional hot pot and shepherds pie. When you don't have any lamb you have to improvise and this is what I came up with. Shepherd's pie filled with ground turkey sautéed with mixed vegetables, sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs with a savory garlic sweet potato topping. This sweet potato shepherd's pie was inspired from my classic Lightened Up Shepherd's Pie. I also have a meatless version, Portobello Shepherd's Pie.
To get started with this precise recipe, we must put togather some ingredients. You can serve Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you could cook it.
The ingredients needed to serve Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?:
- Take 1 1/2 cup of cooked chopped turkey(dark or white,or both)*I used dark*.
- Take 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks,chopped.
- You need 1 cup of mushrooms, quartered.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of corn.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Get 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Make ready 2 cup of mashed potatoes.
- Take 1 cup of turkey stuffing.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of chicken stock.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of milk.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of butter.
Shepherd's pie is a comforting, classic dish made with ground lamb, carrots, celery, peas, broth, and tomato paste. Technically, what makes it a shepherd's pie is How to make Turkey Shepherd's Pie. Boil the sweet potato: Fill a large pot of water two-thirds of the way with water and bring to a low boil. Everything you love about Shepherd's Pie, but this quick and easy version is made in the pressure cooker!
Steps to cooking perfect Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?:
- In a bowl, mix your mashed potatoes and stuffing, set aside..
- In a large pan, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add all your veggies, and cook for about 5-8 min..
- Add your chopped turkey, and season with thyme, salt and pepper..
- Add your chicken stock. Make an empty space in the center of the pan and add your cornstarch and milk. Mix until the cornstarch has dissolved, then mix everything together..
- Cook for another 3-5 min until the sauce thickens..
- Transfer everything to a baking dish. Top with your mashed potato/stuffing mixture..
- Add a few dollops/dabs of butter to the top and bake in oven for 35min @ 400°F..
- After 35 min, set under the broiler on high for 5min to crisp up and brown the top nicely..
- ENJOY 😊.
Pressure cook the potatoes on top of the filling, then mash, assemble the casserole and serve. It's hard to find a more comforting dish than a homemade turkey pot pie. This classic version has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a hearty mix of meat and vegetables. Ohhhh holy shepherd's pie, that gravy. Once we have browned the turkey and cooked the vegetables a bit, we make a roux (combo of flour and Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add a few big spoonfuls of chicken base.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? recipe. Many thanks considerably for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Persist get cooking!