Whole Pumpkin Gratin. Hey everybody, wish you are having an incredible day today. This time, I will show you a step to serve an unique food, Whole Pumpkin Gratin. It is certainly considered one among my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This can be really delicious.
To get began out with this precise recipe, we must put togather some ingredients. You can serve Whole Pumpkin Gratin using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The recipe needed to serve Whole Pumpkin Gratin:
- Make ready 1 of pumpkin (kabocha).
- Make ready 1 of onion (slice thinly).
- Prepare 1/2-1 pack of shimeji mushrooms (tear into bite sized pieces).
- Get 100 g of bacon, or as much as you like (cut into bite sized pieces).
- Get 10-20 g of butter.
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/2-1 of bouillon cube (optional).
- You need 500-600 ml of milk.
- Prepare of Cheese (as much as you want).
- You need 2 tbsp of panko bread crumbs.
- Get of salt and pepper.
Steps to make homemade Whole Pumpkin Gratin:
- Wash the pumpkin and cover with plastic wrap and cook in the microwave until softened. ＊Be careful not to heat it up too much. (reference: 8~10 mins in 700W).
- Cut about 1/4 of the upper part of the pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds and scrape pumpkin meat from shell. (leave at least 1 cm of the shell).
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat, stir fry onion, shimeji mushrooms, bacon until the onions are browned. Turn down the heat and add the flour and mix well. Pour the milk little by little to get the smooth sauce. Add the pumpkin meat, salt and pepper and cook until thickened.(adjust the thickness to your taste).
- Pour the mixture into the pumpkin, sprinkle cheese and panko bread crumbs on top and bake in 200℃ oven for 20~25 mins or until heated thoroughly. (Cheese starts to brown and panko bread crumbs are golden).
So that’s going to wrap it up with this homemade Whole Pumpkin Gratin recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!