Cottage Pie. Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. This time, I will certainly show you a way to prepare a special dish, Cottage Pie. It is one of my favorites. For your, I will make it a more tasty. This might be really tasty.
To get started with this precise recipe, you need put togather a few ingredients. You can serve Cottage Pie using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to serve Cottage Pie:
- Prepare 8 of medium sized potatoes.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef or lamb.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, diced.
- Make ready 1 can of green peas.
- Prepare 1 can of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Get 1 small box of cheese, cut into cubes.
- Take 1 small stick of butter.
- Get 500 grams of spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- Get to taste of salt, sugar and pepper.
- Prepare 1 small can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare of Green bell peppers (optional).
- Make ready of Spiced ham, diced and cooked.
Steps to make tasty Cottage Pie:
- Boil potatoes in a pot until soft/cooked. Peel once cool enough to handle. Mash while adding milk and half of the butter. Set aside for later..
- Cook garlic until golden brown. Using the same pan, cook onions until translucent. Set aside..
- Cook ground beef for 15-20 minutes or until brown. Mix cooked garlic, onions and remaining butter. Add carrots and mushrooms. Add spaghetti sauce, green peas, and cubed cheese (leave some to grate and use for topping later). You may also add green bell peppers and cooked spiced ham if you want. Simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are cooked..
- In an oven-safe dish or bowl, put meat sauce and on top of it, layer prepared mashed potato mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and pop in the oven for 10 minutes at 350°..
Everything you ever wanted to know about making exceptional Cottage Pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you may make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes arising. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Persist get cooking!