Mama Ashley's Pasta alla Carbonara. Hello everyone, wish you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a step to prepare a special food, Mama Ashley's Pasta alla Carbonara. It is certainly considered one among my favorites. For your, I will make it a more tasty. This can be really delicious.
To get began out with this precise recipe, we need prepare a few ingredients. You can serve Mama Ashley's Pasta alla Carbonara using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you could achieve it.
The ingredients needed to serve Mama Ashley's Pasta alla Carbonara:
- Get 1 of half pound uncooked bacon bits.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of bacon grease.
- You need 2 tbsp. of chopped garlic in oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of butter.
- Make ready 1 pound of uncooked spaghetti.
- Prepare 1 quart of Half and Half.
- Make ready 1.5 cups of FRESH grated parm.
- Make ready 2 of uncooked, scrambled eggs.
Steps to make tasty Mama Ashley's Pasta alla Carbonara:
- Cook 1 pound spaghetti until al dente. (Not completely cooked, but almost.) Cool pasta and drizzle with a tbsp. olive oil, and set pasta aside..
- In large pan, cook bacon bits with bacon grease over med-high heat. Until bacon bits are brick red in color or well done..
- Reduce heat, and add garlic. Cook until garlic is browned. (The garlic will burn quickly, so be careful with this step.).
- Add 3 tbsp. butter and melt down..
- Add about 3/4 of your quart of half and half. Save the rest for reheating the pasta..
- Add spaghetti, and bring to boil until it reduces. You want the half and half to rise to the top of the pan, and then reduce. This usually takes around 10-12 minutes..
- Remove from heat and add FRESH grated parm..
- Once the parm is well mixed in and melted, add 2 raw eggs. (I like to scramble mine before adding).
Welcome fall with this easy homemade Mama Ashley's Pasta alla Carbonara recipe. Many thanks considerably for reading. I am confident you may make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!