Beef Au Gratin Casserole. Hello everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will certainly show you a way to prepare distinctive dish, Beef Au Gratin Casserole. It is one of my favorites. For your, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this precise recipe, you must put togather some components. You can serve Beef Au Gratin Casserole using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you may achieve it.
The recipe needed to make Beef Au Gratin Casserole:
- Get of Olive Oil Spray.
- Make ready 1.5 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of petite red potatoes (sliced thin).
- Take to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- Make ready 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Make ready of Cheese Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- Take 1 of medium onion (diced).
- You need 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 Tbsp of dried thyme.
- Get 3 cups of chicken broth (divided into 2 cups and 1 cup).
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Make ready 1 lb of block Colby jack cheese (cubed).
Steps to cooking homemade Beef Au Gratin Casserole:
- Spray 13×9 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375°. Thinly sliced potatoes..
- Dice onions..
- Cube cheese block..
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan on medium heat..
- On medium high heat in medium skillet cook ground beef until browned and crumbled. Set aside..
- Add diced onions to melted butter and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes)..
- Add corn starch and dried thyme. Cook an additional 1 minute while stirring well..
- Add 2 cups broth. Stir continuously until thickened. (3-5 minutes).
- Add other cup of broth. Stir well. Reduce temp to medium-low..
- Add sour cream. Stir until smooth and well incorporated..
- Add Colby jack cheese. Stir continuously until melted and incorporated into sauce. Remove from heat..
- Spread half of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Top potatoes with cooked ground beef..
- Layer the rest of the potatoes on top of the ground beef. Salt and pepper..
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes and ground beef layers..
- Wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Set baking dish on a baking pan to collect any spillover. Bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, remove foil. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar..
- Add 1 cup Italian bread crumbs. Return to oven uncovered additional 15 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let rest 15-20 minutes before serving..
Welcome fall with this easy exceptional Beef Au Gratin Casserole recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you may make this at home. There is gonna be viral food in home recipes arising. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!