My Fried Chicken Livers. Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will certainly show you a step to prepare a special dish, My Fried Chicken Livers. It is one of my favorites. For your, I will make it a little bit tasty. This can be really tasty.
To get began out with this precise recipe, we need prepare some ingredients. You can cook My Fried Chicken Livers using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can attain it.
The ingredients needed to serve My Fried Chicken Livers:
- Prepare 1 pint of container of chicken livers.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornmeal.
- Make ready 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Take 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Take of Grapeseed oil or other for frying.
- Get of Lemon wedges.
- Prepare of Old Bay seasoning.
Steps to cooking delicious My Fried Chicken Livers:
- Rinse livers in cold water and pat dry with paper towels before trimming them of visible sinew, fat, and areas of green discoloration but otherwise try keep the pieces as big as possible..
- Beat the egg with a fork until uniform then add hot sauce and mustard. Gently drop the livers in the egg wash and toss to coat. Let them marinate for up to 10 minutes while you prepare the breading..
- Mix flour, cornmeal, and the remaining spices in a shallow pan or plate so you can spread the mixture out. Lay the livers on the seasoned flour and let them sit on one side for at least 2 minutes so the coating bonds well to the egg. Gently turn them over and repeat on the other side..
- Heat half an inch of oil in a cast-iron or carbon steel pan. Fry the livers until dark golden brown before flipping, which takes about 2 or 3 minutes depending on the size of the piece. If the liver releases a lot of juice while frying on the first side, sprinkle a pinch of the dredging flour on the top to absorb the moisture and prevent splattering. Flip the livers and continue to cook until they are uniformly brown, another minute to 2 minutes..
- Drain on paper towels and dust generously with Old Bay (optional). Serve with raw red onions, lemon wedges, ranch dressing or cocktail sauce and or hot sauce..
Everything you ever wanted to know about making exceptional My Fried Chicken Livers recipe. Many thanks considerably for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes arising. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Persist get cooking!